Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

What I Read Last Year

These are the 17 books I read last year. :)

1. I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris
2. The Giver by Lois Lowry
3. My Brother's Keeper by Patricia McCormick
4. Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
5. The Good Guy by Dean Koontz
6. A Good Woman by Danielle Steel
7. Remember When by Judith McNaught
8. Until You by Judith McNaught
9. Forrest Gump by Winston Groom
10. My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln and Cristopher Collier
11. Rachel's Tears by Beth Nimmo & Darrell Scott
12. Chicken Soup for College Soul
13. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
14. Impulse by Joann Ross
15. Growing Up Filipino Stories for Young Adults (collected and edited by Cecilia Manguerra Brainard)
16. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
17. Trespass by Valerie Martin

My top 3 favorites in no particular order are, tantananan:

Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
I have learned many important points from this book. It's really an eye-opener. Test yourself if you already know everything about the factors to become successful. I bet you know a little. Being successful is not just about what you've got but also where you're from, what's the culture you have grown up with, what period you were born and most especially, how much work you give to make the things that you've got better.

The Giver by Lois Lowry
I've always seen this novel displayed in a book sale but I ignored it because I judged it by its cover. Who would be enticed to read this book when you have that old man with long, white beard for a cover? I mean, my impression is, 'Oh, a philosopher like Socrates, Plato and Aristotle will be talking bunch of deep things I will not be able to comprehend. Why read?' Then my BA Psychology student roommate bought the said book because it was required on one of her subjects. She shared to me that the book is really GREAT. Since I'm such a nosy person (not obvious though), I read it myself. Wow, yeah, you could really never judge a book by its unattractive cover.
You might not like the world we live in today but after you read this book, I think you'll be very thankful for having such an imperfect planet.. Read it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Until You by Judith McNaught
This romantic novel makes me love love more. Happy ending, wohooo, I love happy endings. :p

P.S. I understand that there are many people out there who love J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in The Rye. Well, I'm sorry to tell you but I don't find anything amazing from what he wrote. I don't agree with his rebellious thoughts. I have a bad taste? Fine, I don't care.

Comments