Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

new perspective for destiny

I remember a quote from the movie My Sassy Girl (2008) which hit something to me about the real meaning of destiny:
           "As for the question of destiny. . . all I know is that even when destiny really wants to accomplish something, it can't do it alone. You still have to go to that restaurant. You still have to show up. You still have to build a bridge. . . to the one you love." - Charlie Bellow
I am suddenly reminded by that quote when I watched Megamind and said the line below: 
                      "Funny, I guess destiny isn't the path chosen for us, but the path we chose for ourselves." 
This is Megamind and his big, blue head..bwahaha..
I'm not a little kid anymore who believed about the superficial definition of destiny. Actually, there are times that I think if destiny really exists. It's hard to believe it when you are exposed to the world of chances and randomness. Maybe the word destiny is just a creation from a very idealistic person a long, long time ago. Someone who lives in fantasy and foolishly waits for fairy tales to turn into something real. I am not bitter with that term, I'm just saying that I have already grown up into someone who doesn't only accept the conventional ideas but is able to criticize if it's logical and realistic. This is the cost of getting wisdom(??), the realization that the world is not as simple and simply amazing as we expected it to be when we were young. 

I make my life's story. 90% of what happen in my lifetime largely depends on the choices I make, not because there's a story already written up there, and I'm just acting on it. They say God gives us free will. So this is it, I have a free will to define my destiny.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"This is the cost of getting wisdom, he realization that the world is not as simple and simply amazing as we expected it to be when we were young"
- tama gyud ni... the more you know, the more complicated things become.. Nakahunahuna gyud ko nga maayo pa tong bata ko kay murag simple ra kaayo akong panan-aw sa mga butang-butang. Pero karon, hay ambot, makabuang! hehehe. Pero siyempre, mas maayo na pud nga in-ani para mas daghan kag opportunitites for growth and to exprience lots of things. Then hopefully, these experiences will make us better (unta).

As for destiny, mutuo gyud ko nga it's the path we chose for ourselves, and not the path pre-chosen somewhere by someone else for us. The rest nalang dayon is a matter of luck, or choosing the right path at the right place at the right time. Hehehehe...