Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Relationship 101 in How I Met Your Mother

Robin
Robin: Every good relationship has a reacher and a settler.


Ted
Ted: Exactly, one person reaches for someone out of their league, the other one settles for someone below theirs.

Marshall
Marshall: I do not settle for Lily. Okay yes, she's a little short. And true, my mom says she doesn't have the hips to bear the Eriksen child.. But.. (long pause).. Oh my God, you guys think I'm the reacher!
Robin again
Robin: That's why Lily is not jealous. The settler is never jealous of the reacher because where's the reacher gonna go? The settler Lily is the best thing that the reacher Marshall is ever gonna get.

Lily (Marshall's wife)

** I'd say that I agree with this reacher and settler thing.. I know of many couples who are in this category.. Most of the time, the ladies are the settlers and the guys are the reacher(s??) which is a good scenario because they usually last, according to my observation. But when it's the other way around, such a disaster.. Men tend to look for someone better than them..
    My parents might even fall to this category.. My mother is the settler and my father is the reacher.. But I would presume that by now, my mother already realizes that she's just as lucky for having my father.. :))

Comments