Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

I heart booksales


I love books. I always have this triumphant feeling after I finish reading one. I don't know, but finishing reading a book gives me some kind of a fulfillment. I have this wild desire to read all the novels which are out there. But since I can never do that, I just have to read as many as I can in this lifetime of mine. Last year, I began listing and counting the books that I already read. For 2010, I read a total of 17 and I want to surpass that number this year. Unfortunately, I only have read 6 yet. It's already September and I only have 3 months left to read at least 12 more books! I know that's lame, 9 months have gone by but I only manage to finish six. It's just that acads gets in the way (hihi) and I have other vices too like watching Korean dramas, movies, tv series and k-popping (hihi). Also, reading through electronic book makes my pace real slow. I realized, paperbound books are still way better than the recent technology had offered. Of the 6 books I've read so far this year, 5 of them are e-books. Oh no! You don't how much I long for the real books.

No doubt that it made me smile big time when we were at Market! Market!. When we entered the mall, what welcomed us was a BOOKSALE! We were like kids that time, exclaiming for something that we love, “Wow! Booksale!” There were buy one take one books for only P99. I got four and it really made me happy. I thought, “Yes! I have something to read this sem break that isn't an ebook.” Rona and Ate Grace bought 6 and 3, respectively. I'm quite positive that I can read many books this sem break so I'm going to borrow theirs. I went back to my dorm bringing only three because Ate Grace already borrowed one of them.hihi My plan was to read them for the break but I already started reading the 'The Dive from Clausen's Pier' by Ann Packer. I found it interesting and the statements on the cover, “How much do we owe the people we love? Is it a sign of strength or of weakness to walk away from someone in need?”, intrigued me. I googled it, by the way, to get some reviews. It surprised me that in 2005 it was adapted to a movie.

So I guess this is a book worth reading for, for it takes a book to be good to be given a chance to showcase it as a movie:) My intuition tells me that I'm going to finish it before the month ends.hihi. Perhaps I don't need to wait for the break.  

Comments

wow....book sale :) i hope may ganyan din dito sa dumaguete and i can have the perfect timing for great books :)

at pera rin :D hahah
Diane Writes said…
Hi Jill! Thank you for following my blog. I hope I could visit you more often. I also love Book Sale. Whenever I visit the mall, I usually check out Book Sale or any other place with bargain books.

Have a great day!