Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Books I Read Last 2011

I didn't meet my goal to surpass the number of books I read last 2010 in 2011. I was eying to read at least 18 because in 2010, I managed to finish 17. But due to my idle behavior, I only had 10. Shame on me, right? If Ms. Jessica Zafra would find this, she would really smirk at me because as far as I can remember from her Twisted book, she recommended that we should read at least 4 books a week. Hahaha.. 10 for her is certainly a small number. Well, well, well, I got busy of so many things. First, I was a student. Second, I was addicted with kpop that my time was wasted playing over and over again my favorite music videos. And also, I watched  movies and korean dramas. And most especially, I rest a lot. 

Last year, I read 3 books I left unfinished. They were Deception Point by Dan Brown, The Dive from Clausen's Pier and Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. I meant to finish the Deception Point this year. I just wish I have a hard copy because the e-book is such a pain. Tipping Point was such a good read yet I have no plan to finish it this year. I'll just continue reading it when I'll get a hold of its real book, yeah, not the soft copy. I lost my appetite to spend my time finishing The Dive From Clausen's Pier. I encountered some bad reviews in the Internet about the book, and they influenced me to stop it.  

I found it hard to rank those 10 books that I read although I would really love to. It was hard knowing that I enjoyed reading all of them and I learned some things. So here they are anyway:


                        

1.) Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
2.) Double Stitch by John Rolfe Gardiner
3.) The Dylanist by Brian Morton
4.) Disordered Minds by Minette Walters
5.) It's How You Play The Game by Jimmy Gleacher



6.) Double Standards by Judith McNaught
     This is the fourth novel that I read by Judith McNaught. Again, she didn't disappoint me. Oh, I so love her romantic stories. What I like about her book is that it reminded me of Korean romantic movies. The only difference is that, she didn't kill the main characters.hehe. For me, Judith McNaught is the best romantic novel writer and not Stephanie Meyer, not even Nicholas Sparks. :) I'm planning to read all books she'd written.

7.) Atonement by Ewan McEwan
        This book had crushed my heart into powder. It was brilliantly written. I wanted to watch its film adaptation which is being starred by my British actor crushie, James McAvoy. The story gave me an example that sometimes whether we like it or not, your fate is the result of other people's actions and decisions. We were told that we make our own destiny but more often than not, 50% of what happen in our life is due to external elements (i.e. other people). Robbie's life took a different turn when Briony misjudged him. 

8-10.) The Hunger Games Trilogy: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay
I do recommend this to everyone. This is a book series with substance. The awesomeness of this series could be leveled to Harry Potter. It has a love story. But what is most interesting about it is how their unfortunate lives are being lead, living in a dystopian society. The main characters try to make a difference. They know how big their enemies are but their desire to live in a world without repression and discrimination are just two of many reasons that fuel them to face the giants.

"I look coolly into the blue eyes of the person who is now my greatest opponent, the person who would keep me alive at his own expense. And I promise myself I will defeat his plan." - Katniss Everdeen

And this March 2012, its movie adaptation will be released in theaters around the world. I will definitely watch it. Who's going with me? :)

Comments