Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

TY Nuffnang for the free VIP tickets

Last October 23, Nuffnang tweeted (Twitter term) that they're giving away 2 VIP tickets to 8 nuffnagers for the Tanduay Rhum Rock Fest which will be on Oct. 26 (yes, that will be tomorrow!) at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds. They just asked for us to tweet our favorite Pinoy artist and why we love them. The first 8 to respond would win the tickets. And luckily, I was the seventh  one who tweeted.  

This was the first time that I won something from the internet. I have been joining give-aways from blogs, twitter and facebook, but never ever been picked, until this. Although it costs small compared to winning any gadgets or trips abroad, the fact that I will be going to get something for free instead of spending money is already a reason to be thankful for. :)


I went to the Nuffnang office alone earlier which was located at Bonifacio High Street to claim the tickets. I was actually nervous to go there because I was so not familiar of the place. I was only there once before today and that was last year. Good thing, it was free to ask to strangers for directions.hehe. I asked six times to make sure I wouldn't get lost. My first inquiry was when I got off the MRT at the Guadalupe station. I went to the police and asked him where should I go to ride a jeep to Market Market. The second one, I approached a security guard to know where was the Bonifacio High Street. My third inquiry was addressed to the attendant of the building of where the office was located. I didn't need to ask because this time I was really sure of where to go but she looked at me. So I just inquired for me to be released from her awkward stare. My fourth and fifth questions were about where to ride a jeepney back to Guadalupe. 

My funny experience happened while riding the jeep back to Guadalupe. I didn't know where to stop so that I could go to the MRT station. I was at the far end from the driver. At the passenger's seat, the guy asked the driver about where to stop so that he could go to the MRT station. So in my mind I said that I would just get off the jeep if that guy would also be doing so. I was facing at the entrance of the vehicle (tingin-tingin sa view ang peg), therefore, I have to check/to look at the passenger's seat time and time again just to make sure that the guy was still there. And  then after several minutes, the guy was gone!!! OMG! I was already mentally panicking! That time, I didn't want to ask from any passengers (bigla akong nahiya mga teh). I was looking intently outside if ever I could see a glimpse of the structure of the MRT but to no avail. After a few minutes, the jeep stopped and 85% of the passengers got off. I made an instant decision to also leave the jeep. I walked, examined the place and stopped. I then asked a lady near me. I said, "Ate, malayo pa po ba ang MRT station dito?(malungkot deep inside)" And the Ate replied, "Malapit lang and blah blah blah". Yeah, it turned out that I was just a short distance away from my destination. :))

That's my adventure for today.

Thank you again, Nuffnang.  :D

PS I hope that tomorrow, the rain would stop. Get out, leave bagyo! You're uninvited! And also, I hope that we would have a blast at the concert. :D 

Comments