Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Bitter Ocampo

Bitter by Don Vittorio C. Villasin
For the first time in my reading life, I bought a book(let) written by a Filipino. The title got me interested. In many situations or moments, I am bitter as an ampalaya. But that bitterness just plays within me, so nobody really knows that I feel that way unless I put it on words here on my blog or on my twitter account. Or there are actually times that I express it (my bitterness about random stuff) to my friends but only through jokes. Being bitter has been staying in my system for a long time already. I don't know when it started, I just know why. I am bitter because people have something that I've always wanted to have. I am bitter because others are better than me. I am bitter because he/she made my life miserable. I am bitter because I chose a wrong decision and the list goes on.

So I bought the book thinking that I can relate. That being bitter is something I am not the only one feeling it. 

I started reading it already and I am now on page 81 out of 144. What I realize is that I am not SO bitter after all. I am bitter in a milder or more moderate way compared to the author. :)) When I'm bitter, I don't wish any harm to that person who made me feel you know, bitter. Well, with the exception of two persons. One, the driver of a jeep here in my campus who accused me of not paying my fare! He was really mad. Heaven knows, I paid seven pesos! When I alighted the jeep, I found myself wishing he would encounter an accident. And second, the first time I failed a subject (math pa, of all!), I can't help but sort of cursed my professor.

Going back to the book, it has a bitter feel but really funny, super funny. Oh, I really like funny Tagalog books just like the writings of Bob Ong. 

One of the things that I find funny is this:
Poison was the name of his high school crush who dumped him and avoided him after he admitted that he liked her during their couple dance in the js prom.

Actually, the statement is funny and irritating (nakakainis) at the same time. As a fan of kpop, I'd say (to the author), "Gago ka ah, nakakatuwa kayang makinig kahit hindi namin maintindihan!" HAHAHA.

I recommend this book to those who feel bitter-bitteran sa buhay and who like to laugh. :)

Btw, it's only P100.

Comments

DVCV said…
Thank you. Although I thought you'd review the whole book.

Stay bitter, este, better pala. :)

DVCV.
Jelly said…
ohmay! i feel so ashamed of what i wrote. >.< hope you don't take it seriously when i said 'gago'. your book is really entertaining.

i'm sorry, but i don't review books because i really don't know how to do it the right way.
DVCV said…
Oh, don't worry. No harm done. :) i'm inviting you to read my blog, at eggsceasetense.wordpress.com

I don't know how to write a book review either! Haha.