Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Graduation Attire

Our college recognition rites will be on April 29 (Monday). It is supposed to be on the 27th (Saturday) but due to the very limited capacity of the venue, it is moved to a larger place, then eventually to a different date because of its availability. Yeah right, almost all of the schools in my country were already done with it. I don't know about my university but it is usually held this time (April 20-something) of the year. The sunflowers are already blooming and earlier, I heard two women talking about it that by the time the graduation rites arrives, the flowers will surely wither already. You should understand that sunflowers in my campus entails graduation. 

I will definitely march, yet only at the college recognition rites and not at the university commencement exercise. The difference between the two is that the previous one is participated by the graduates within the College of Engineering. While the latter is to be joined by everyone (graduates) whatever college you are from. I chose the CRR because I want a more intimate one.hehe. And I don't need to go to the UCE since marching once will be enough for me.

Last Wednesday, I went to Divisoria together with my roommate and her sister to buy a dress which will be worn at the said rites. Divisoria is the place to be when you want to purchase something cheap. We decided to go there on a weekday although that meant that I had to be absent at work for weekends would have lots of hassle given the number of people who would be going there.

It was not easy to look for an ecru or white dress. Yes, that is the required color. We don't wear toga. During graduation, we are to wear dress colored white or ecru for women and barong tagalog for men, then both gender will wear "sablay". Here is an example:
source: facebuko.me
Finding a dress that you like and fits on you is hard to do. 168 Mall may have many different clothing stores but only few of them sell white or ecru and decent dresses. Also, some stores didn't have white dresses because they were already bought (according to them, the customers were also from our school). Yeah, we were a little too late. But I did manage to buy one. To tell you honestly, I wasn't really satisfied with it. I just purchased it because I thought I might not be able to find a better one and also, I was sort of being pressured by the seller.  >.< I got the dress for P480.00. 
It is made in Thailand said the seller who was a Chinese old man . It is sleeveless so I have to buy a bolero since there is a memorandum from the university that they are banning the sleeveless ones. Thankfully, I found a beautiful bolero from another store. I bought it for P230.00. Not bad, right?

 For me, the bolero and the dress are perfect pair. It is as if they were made to complement each other. #CHOS The time I purchased the bolero, I was already contented with my attire.
 But my most favorite stuff that I bought that day was the belt! I didn't actually plan to buy one. When we were still searching for stores for dresses for my roommate, we stumbled at a store that was selling several beautiful belts. I was really attracted and I just bought one. It costed me P300.00.

I hope fashion experts will find my attire okay. All I know is that I love the belt and it looks fine for me with the dress and the bolero. Waaahh, I hope this will not be considered as overly-dressed. >.<

You know what, graduating in UP might only happen once in my lifetime. And I just wanted to look good with that one-of-a-kind experience.

Comments