Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

broke


I am broke.  The money that has left to me only consists of coins of different denominations. I only have P50. I couldn't last a day with just this. I sent my mother a text message saying, "Ma, wala na koy kuwarta. :( (Ma, I already don't have money.)" I was worried to be scolded or to be asked why I suddenly don't have any money, because the truth is, I spent P500 in a day. If you'd like to know where did I use it, you'd be surprised that it was on food. Well, I just calculated it now, and it's just P312 for food. The rest of the P500 was spent for fare and some school supplies. My friends brought me to their favorite Korean restaurant along Katipunan Ave, as far as I can remember, it was Paranara. I ate omurice and that skewered-fish-something. I was really full, but then I paid P184 for that meal. Later on, we went to Mushroom burger to study. Of course, I am going to take the board exam so I have to study. I expended P128 there.

Mama called, she said that she thought I already received my salary. So that's the reason why she didn't ask if I still have money. Yes, she is  usually the first one to approach (ask) and I would just say when it will last. But this time, she didn't inquire that was why I was so hesitant to say because maybe she assumed I still have more.

You know what, I really can't imagine my life without my parents on my back. I am actually guilty because by now, I should have already been standing by my own feet but look at me, I am just so dependent to them like a kid. I am just so thankful that they’re still there to support.

Comments

awww. all students have tried being broke. ako'y nakaka-relate talaga, especially the "spending it all on food" part.

haha.