Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

tablet and ebooks

When my brother gave me a tablet, I actually didn't know what to do with it. In the first place, I didn't find it as a necessity. In terms of use, whatever it could perform, could also be done by my laptop. Although obviously, a tablet is more convenient to use than a 14-inch laptop. For the first few weeks, I used it to play android games, surf the net and read few novels. But still, I could live without it. Even if my brother would decide to take it from me, I wouldn't mind because I didn't  have a specific use for it with utmost importance.



Things change now. Now that I have read wonderful novels through it, I have found its purpose for me. Recently, it has become my ebook reader. I am just thankful that I have an ebook reader because without it, I may still wouldn't read the following novels:

1. The Kite Runner, Hosseini Khaled

2. The Little Prince, Saint-Exupery Antoine de

3. 1984,George Orwell

4. Sputnik Sweetheart, Haruki Murakami

5. Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter

6. Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen

A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lemony Snicket
7. The Bad Beginning
8. The Reptile Room
9. The Wide Window
10.The Miserable Mill
11.The Austere Academy
12. The Ersatz Elevator

13. How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships, Leil Lowndes

14. The Boy Next Door, Meg Cabot

It is easy to find an ebook than to find a paperback. Plus, a lot of ebooks can be downloaded for free. Yes, the 14 items I mentioned above, I read them for free. Unlike a hard copy, a book on sale could cost you Php100 and if it isn't on sale, as much as Php500! 

I still like paperbacks, though. I think that my pace is faster if I'm reading on a hard copy. But I can definitely say that an ebook reader is absolutely a good alternative!!! 


The other night, I fell asleep while reading the The Kite Runner. I woke up in the middle of the night after a bad dream. The light was off because at home, which I don't know why, I can't sleep if it is not dark. I didn't want to go to sleep due to that awful dream. So I just continued to read Khaled's novel. It was very convenient for me because the tablet was just at my side and I didn't have to turn on the light for me to be able to read. That moment I thought, how good it is to have a tablet.  

Comments