Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Create an account on Goodreads, book lovers! :)

What kind of website is Goodreads?


It is the place on the Internet where you can create a list of the books you read, wanted, hated and anything you like to associate that book with. It is the place where you could rate a novel, 1 star if it's not worth-reading or 5 stars if you love it to bits. These ratings would be helpful to others, for them to get an idea of what to expect. You could also provide a review on the site to be more helpful to the future readers of that book. It provides you recommendations on what to read next based on your favorite genre and your ratings. There, you gather the friends whom you share the same love with.

 

That's basically what Goodreads is. What I love about it the most is the fact that it keeps record of the books that I already read. Yes, that sole reason  is more than enough to keep me coming back to the site. Making a list is important to me because I cannot fully rely on my brain to remember every title and author of the stuff I read. A record then somewhere is a must for me. I found Goodreads the best place because I once had a list saved in a notepad in my first laptop before, but when the beloved computer crashed because of a virus, so were my documents and one of them was my list. In Goodreads, I don't have to deal with a corrupted file, viruses (or am i wrong, goodreads?) and the high possibility of losing the list. There, your list is less likely to disappear and more accessible given that nowadays internet is just around the corner. You could update it wherever you are, even if you don't use your own computer.

Another cool thing about it is that it has widgets like the one below that you could put on your site! :D



Jill-yan's bookshelf: read

The Catcher in the Rye
The Alchemist
Les Misérables
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Lovely Bones
The Joy Luck Club
The Da Vinci Code
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Twilight
The Time Traveler's Wife
The Notebook
Paradise
Until You
Remember When
By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept
A Walk to Remember
Message in a Bottle
Tuesdays With Morrie
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Jill-yan's favorite books »



Do you already have an account? Please do add me then. :)

Comments