Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Hello 2014 with a Wink

Happy new year to everyone!!!

For some reason, I have an inclination to share to you some of the things I did as the hours were approaching to January 1, 2014!

GOLDILOCKS

Cheers to the growing economy of Gingoog City. Goldilocks has just opened here in December 2013. My mother asked me to buy a cake for the New Year’s Eve celebration. I told her to forget about it because there was a crowd at the store! They were there in the morning and what they saw was a long queue. So they left and bought other stuff instead. My mother insisted and said that we should have a cake, no matter how long I should wait there! Since I was an obedient daughter, as always, I went there. I arrived there around 4pm. The store was closed but there was a queue outside. I just fell in line. I never asked anyone why the store was closed or will it ever open again for the day. I just overheard that they will open at 5pm.Their cakes were sold out and they were expecting a delivery that will arrive at 5pm. I waited there and thought that one hour was just a short time. The time arrived and they opened the doors, but the cakes didn’t arrive yet. I actually thought that the cakes were only made there. Like you know, they have their own bakers. Their products have to be delivered from Iligan City. That’s around 4-5hours, right? My gosh, “No patience, no cake” ang peg!

Complaints were heard and you can’t blame us for that. As for me, they should have prepared lots of stocks. It was not an ordinary day, people were celebrating for the New Year’s Eve and one of the sweets that we love to have on our tables are cakes! The demand was so high but the product was few. It was their loss, though.


After two hours of standing there, I was able to buy a cake. There were only three flavors available. I chose chocolate roll because the other two were flavored ube and orange.


For Php295 you can have a 16-inch chocolate roll! I measured it this morning out of curiosity with a tape measure!haha. It was 16 inches with a probable error of 0.5 inch! It tastes okay, better than a homemade cake.

I also bought butter macaroons for only Php102. It hasn't been opened until now. Bilib ako sa mga tao dito sa bahay, hindi masyadong mahilig kumain! Pramis! We still have until January 10 before it expires. I tasted macaroons before so I know that this is delicious.



TWELVE ROUND FRUITS

I was also asked to buy round fruits which my mother wasn't able to buy earlier. It has been a tradition here in the Philippines to display on the table 12 different kinds of round fruits for New Year. If you do so, prosperity will abide in the family for the entire year. This practice has been done every year in our household. I bought chico, kyat-kyat and guava. Chico was 3 for Php10. Kyat-kyat was Php70 for one small bag and one big guava for Php36.

I got back home and realized that we need one more fruit! Nobody wanted to go to the market anymore so I suggested to put tomato to complete the twelve. Of course, it is a fruit and definitely round! There is no reason that you shouldn't include it.



THUNDERSTRUCK

source

The last movie that I watched for the 2013 was Thunderstruck! I was so happy when I found out last night that my sister has a copy of this movie. I had been wanting to see it since I learned that my most favorite NBA player had a movie.

The story is shallow. It is no wonder why it's for kids. There is an exchange of talent and the lack thereof between Durant and his fan. The fan, who is a highschool student, suddenly becomes a basketball prodigy. It is definitely a great leap for a water boy who is now the most valuable player in their team. Meanwhile, Kevin Durant plays like an idiot in the NBA. 

I still had a good time while watching the movie in spite of the ordinary plot. My mother was telling me to stop because she wanted to see the countdown on abs-cbn. I didn't budge (there, I was disobedient) and watched the movie until the end. :D


Happy new year once again, friends. Sana magiging awesome ang 2014 nating lahat. Yung tipong mapapanganga tayo pagdating ng Disyembre at masasambit ang mga katagang, "The best ang taong ito!"

Comments