Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Prenup Photos

Hello friends! I would like to share to you our prenup photos along with fun facts (I don't know if it's really fun.nyahaha) regarding this event. These were taken at the Hills View Mountain Villa, Datu Salumay, Marilog District, Davao City. We spent two days for this activity. Travel time took most of it since the place was approximately 300 kilometers away from our hometown.

It was a nice experience. For those moments, we felt like celebrities shooting for a movie. 

Without further ado, here are the pictures that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. 



Fun Fact No. 1 : UKAY-UKAY. My dress which I borrowed from my sister and my ankle boots which I bought for Php200, are ukay-ukay. While my partner's long-sleeve polo is owned by our photographer. His pants and shoes, he bought in a mall.



Fun Fact No. 2 : PHOTOGRAPHER/STYLIST. We didn't hire a stylist because we thought it was unnecessary. Turned out that choosing an attire was a difficult thing to do especially that we don't have any fashion sense. Good thing my sister helped me out. Furthermore, our photographer also became our stylist, checking our outfits we prepared if they passed his good eye on fashion. But we found ourselves kind of pressured looking and buying for good stuff to wear. I guess if you have extra money for a stylist, please hire one to have hassle-free days prior to the engagement session.

Fun fact No. 3 : AFTERNOON SHOOTWe travelled from our hometown (Gingoog City) early in the morning and arrived at the place around 4:00 PM that same day. My make-up artist immediately dolled me up to shoot for our first layout, which was this, on our casual attire. They had a hard time prepping for my make-up and hairstyle because there was no electricity. The villa still didn't have an electricity. They were dependent in their generator which they would only turn on at 6:00 PM (not sure it it's 6 or 5).


Fun fact No. 4 : WEATHERIt was windy. As you can see, my hair was flying. The temperature was cold too. Well, I expected that because we were in the mountain.

Fun fact No. 5 : NO VIDEO. We didn't hire a videographer. I don't find it necessary. Photos are already sufficient for this session.




Fun fact No. 6 : NO SEA OF CLOUDS. This place is known for its sea of clouds. Unfortunately, we weren't able to catch that one-of-a-kind view due to a typhoon on that day, somewhere near the region. We shoot that picture above, where I was in a gown and my partner on his suit, around 8:00 AM. It was gloomy and I was freezing from the very cold weather. The sun never appeared.


Fun fact No. 7 : COMPANY. Aside from our two photographers, one make-up artist and one hairstylist, we were accompanied by my parents, my partner's mother (now my mother-in-law), my sister, my auntie and a cousin. Including the driver, we were thirteen all-in-all who travelled to Davao.


Fun fact No. 8 : GOWN & SUIT. We rented our attire in Cagayan de Oro City. My ex-boyfriend's pants didn't fit him. It was too tight. As a result, his actions were limited to avoid ripping it off. {poor guy}




Fun fact No. 9: FIRST TIME. It was our first time to visit the place. The tourist spot is quite popular on Facebook with my friends in Mindanao. Seeing their pictures, I was convinced that the location was good for our prenup.

Fun fact No. 10: RAIN. This fact is not actually fun. Before this particular shoot happened, we waited for more than an hour for the rain to stop. As I said earlier, the weather was bad. Good thing, God still gave us some time to shoot on the ground and ceased the rain for a while. 



Fun Fact No. 11: EXTRA. When we met our photographer for the first time in CDO, we immediately agreed upon the schedule of our engagement shoot. He also gave us instructions of what kind of outfits we should prepare. There were only three layouts he suggested to us. Those were the post-nuptial (gown & suit), laid back (sweater) and casual attire (first picture). The picture right above, where I wore a pink dress, was not supposedly included. Our make-up artist told us to bring extra clothes because we might have spare time to shoot one more layout. True enough, we had extra minutes for our extra outfit.


Fun fact No. 12: OLD. I am not referring to our hairstyle which looked vintage. But of the attire we wore. A couple of years back,  my friend invited us as cord sponsors on her wedding. I bought that dress for that particular occasion. That was the only time I wore it, until this session. I didn't have many options to bring with me, when my make-up artist told me to carry extra clothes. On the other hand, my partner's short-sleeve polo is being used frequently when he's attending church or going to work on Fridays.

Fun fact No. 13: DRIZZLE. It was drizzling when we shoot that layout.




Fun fact No. 14: CHUBBY FACE. I really hate my chubby face. Can you imagine that, I'm still underweight but my face is already fat! It's one of the things that I'm insecure about. It's just a relief to know that my ex-boyfriend is into this kind of face.hahaha! It is true then when they say that you don't have to change yourself because someone out there will love you, just the way you are. 

Fun fact No. 15: BACKGROUND. I like their villas here. They used glass and white-painted wood for their walls. It is quite good for a pictorial.


Fun fact No. 16: FAVORITE. This laid back layout is my favorite. This proves that sometimes the simple and less sophisticated stuff look way better than the long gowns and dresses. 

Fun fact No. 17: UNIQLO. We bought our sweater and pants at a Uniqlo Store. It was our first purchase there. My partner likes the store compared to H&M. By the way, Uniqlo is a Japanese casual wear manufacturer and retailer, which has several branches here in the Philippines.

Fun fact No. 18: MUG. We didn't bring mugs. But we were told that we will use them as our props. The photographer said that we will just borrow at the villa. Quite fascinating that the mugs being lent to us blended with our outfit, with a white and orange-shade colors.


Fun fact No. 19: GRAZING BOARD. I'm so grateful for my sister for preparing this antipasto-inspired props. We used the wooden chopping board as a grazing board. Few days before the prenup, we went to Butuan City to buy some needed food we couldn't find in our hometown, such as kiwi, pepperoni, not-your-ordinary cheese, strawberry jam, etc. 

Fun fact No. 20: TOUGH RIDE. We rented a van to reach our destination. But the van had to stop around 500 meters away from the villa because the road was too steep, unpaved and rocky. We had to ride a habal-habal or skylab. It was incovenient especially that we had to carry many stuff. Going to the villa was okay. But going back to the van was tough. It was raining again that time and the road was slippery. One of the groups, which was composed by my father, auntie and the make-up artist, their skylab stumbled not once but twice! Fortunately, nobody got hurt. But my auntie and my make-up artist said that they are not coming back to the place because of the bumpy and slippery road.

Photograper: Dave Sabio (Cagayan de Oro City)
Make-up Artist: Jay Rapatan (Gingoog City)
Hairstylist: Fiona Biñas (Gingoog City)

Comments

rona said…
Hala grabe nag-habal2x pa gyud diay mo para makaabot dira!
Maayo nalang tsada mga pictures bisan walay sea of clouds og adlaw.
Bet pud nako tong laidback set ninyo, tsada ang color sa outfit, limpyo tan-awon, hehe.
Dugay ra gyud ko gusto muanha dirang dapita sa Davao kay daghan pud ko nakit-an nga posts about sa sea of clouds. Pero wala man diay kuryente og lisod if walay private transpo. Pass nalang sa, hahaha.