Total Pageviews

Report Abuse

Skip to main content

Korean Series: Angel's Last Mission - Love

After a very long time, I started watching Korean Series once again. Thanks to the Viu application, I get to stream a drama for free. I wanted to watch Hyun Bin’s Crash Landing On You. Unfortunately, it isn’t available on the said app. Other than that, I had no idea what series I’m going to see. What I did was just scroll down the app, and scan their list of dramas. My pick would be judged according to its title and its cover picture. And that my friend is the reason why I ended up with Angel’s Last Mission - Love. The word ‘angel’  gave me the idea that it must have a fantasy side but is set in the real world. I like that kind of drama,  just like Secret Garden where the main characters switched bodies and I Hear Your Voice where the protagonist can hear the minds of the people around him. 

soompi.com

It is a story of an angel who has been given the final mission here on earth. If he is going to accomplish it, he can go to paradise. Otherwise, he will turn to dust and be gone forever. He is tasked to make a specific woman fall in love with other human being, of course. He has been given a maximum of 100 days to complete his mission. The angel thinks that it is a piece of cake. But the woman has a heart of stone, after she experienced several great griefs in her life, like losing her parents in an accident and suffering from blindness after an unfortunate event. She has also lost her passion because of her blindness, which is ballet. She has turned cold, mean and short-tempered.


kpopmap.com

I was definitely delighted when I found out that Kim Myung Soo or L of Kpop Group, Infinite, is one of the two main characters of the series. If you’ve seen some of my posts years back, you’d know that Infinite is one of my favorite and loved kpop groups. And L or Kim Myung Soo is one of my many crushes.hehe. L has proven himself in this project that he is not just a pretty face, but also a good actor who can carry different roles effectively. Actually, my most unforgettable scene is when Kim Dan (L) confronted the antagonist. That moment, I felt his burning desire to protect the woman he accidentally fall in love with. He also exuded that raging anger to express his sincerity that he would do whatever it takes to protect the life of the woman who is used to be ill-mannered.


soompi.com

If I have to rate it, I'm going to give it four out of five stars. Yes, I have enjoyed it a lot. Sometimes I giggled, then cried, then laughed, and then cried again. There are so much emotions in this drama. Also, until the last minutes of the episode finale, you still get a twist. I've got to say, that it is worth watching for and I never regretted that I basically randomly chose this drama to watch first on Viu.


Main Cast:

Shin Hye Sun as Lee Yeon Seo
Kim Myung Soo as Dan
Lee Dong Gun as Ji Kang Woo
Kim Bo Mi as Geum Ni Na
Number of Episodes: 32 (approximately 30 min. per episode)
Release Date : May 22 - July 11, 2019
Network: KBS2

Comments

rona said…
Nagbalik loob pud ko sa Kdrama this year tungod sa lockdown sa amo, hahaha.
Wa pa ko kita anang Angel's Mission, pero na-hype pud na sa akong mga kaila nga Kdrama lovers. Pero since walay naghatag sa ako og copy, wa pa nako sya natan-awan, haha.
Recommend pud nako sa imo Jell ning 2 ka drama nga ginahan kaayo ko, in case wa pa nimo sila nakit-an: 'Sky Castle' & 'Signal'
Kanang Sky Castle heavy drama na sya about sa mga upper-middle class families nga ang goal para sa ilang mga anak maka-sulod sa SKY universities sa Korea (murag UP-Ateneo-La Salle sa ato). Na-hook gyud ko sa plot ani, haha.
Kanang Signal mystery drama nga naay slight fantasy part. Ginahan kaayo ko ani kay both script and directing OK kaayo. Bonus nalang ang plot og performance sa actors.
'Hi Bye Mama' ako current watch karon. Episode 8 palang ko pero so far OK kaayo sya, drama w/ comedy, tas kapila nako nakahilak, hahaha.
Jelly said…
Hello Ron!:) karon pa jud ko kabasa sa imong comments ba.hehe. wala man gud notif ang blogger kung naay nag-comment.

Murag nice lagi na tan-awon ang Sky Castle ba. Sa pagkakaron kay wala pa koy gitan-aw. Naa koy 2 gisugdan (CLOY ug World of Married Couple) pero wala pa nahuman.hehe.